UPDATE: Contrails and Global Warming in 2050 on The Weather Channel
It turns out planes are even worse for the climate than we thought
The contrails left by aeroplanes last only hours. But they are now so widespread that their warming effect is greater than that of all the carbon dioxide emitted by aeroplanes that has accumulated in the atmosphere since the first flight of the Wright brothers.
Worse still, this non-CO2 warming effect is set to triple by 2050, according to a study by Ulrike Burkhardt and Lisa Bock at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics in Germany.
Altogether, flying is responsible for around 5 per cent of global warming, the team says, so this figure will soar even higher – and no meaningful actions are being taken to prevent this.
My Speech to the EPA about Flight Pollution
The poisons released by melting Arctic ice
Pollution, anthrax - even nuclear waste - could be released by global warming
Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA)
These strange lines of cloud are seeded by pollution from ships
EU set to resist air industry attempts to limit climate change action
Get cirrus in the fight against climate change
Contrails warm the world more than aviation emissions
Cloud blanket warms up melting icecap
Greenland ice sheet melts more when it’s cloudy
Clouds play a bigger role in the melting of the Greenland ice sheet than was previously assumed. Compared to clear skies, clouds enhance the meltwater runoff by a third. Those are the findings of an international study that was coordinated by KU Leuven and published in Nature Communications.
Clouds enhance Greenland ice sheet meltwater runoff
The new cold war: drilling for oil and gas in the Arctic | Environment | The Guardian
The new Cold War? Russia sends troops and missiles to the Arctic as Putin stakes a claim for the region’s oil and gas reserves
- Russia, Norway, Denmark and Canada are fighting over the Arctic territory
- Putin is building six bases in the Arctic, and sending troops and missiles
- It’s estimated that billions of tonnes of oil and gas lie beneath the seabed
- Experts warn it shows willingness to use a military threat to claim the land
The new cold war: The race for Arctic oil and gas - Counting the Cost
The Arctic Natural Gas Extraction, Liquefaction & Sales (ANGELS) Proposal
MELT THE ARCTIC ARCHIVE - Weather Modification History
- #CirrusCloudsMatter: The Shady Truth About Chemtrails
- Artificial Cloud Articles - ClimateViewer News
- Artificial Cloud Timeline - Weather Modification History
- Geoengineering & Weather Modification - ClimateViewer Maps
- Geoengineering and Weather Modification Exposed
- The Environmental Modification Accountability Act #ENMODAA
If any of the links above do not work, copy the URL and paste it into the form below to check the Wayback Machine for an archived version of that webpage.